Saturday, 7 September 2013

My A/W '13 Wishlist

A/W Wishlist
Topshop blue crop top, £32 / Topshop leather skirt, £51 / Zara boots, £64 / Zara handbag, £51 / Topshop eyeliner, £8.94 / Illamasqua nail polish

It's all gone a bit Prada '07 at the moment with mohair, leather, suede, fur, PVC and any other texture clash dominating everywhere from the magazines to the high street. And this outfit is my take on texture clash, which I've added my own 1960s twist to. The fluffy Topshop jumper comes in a range of pastel shades as well as black, and is somewhat of a staple for the coming months. I already included it in a previous wish list, and I still want it! It's so pretty, but the fluffy texture gives it an edge, and looks perfect paired with the leather skirt. It's all about A-Line skirts this season, and I've chosen a short version of the trend for my outfit. Leather is massive at the moment, and I really like how the pattern on the skirt sets it apart from the rest. It's also extremely wearable, which is the downside to the texture trend; how many people really look good in a knee-length PVC skirt? Not that many. The coat is a beautiful texture, and the light grey shade goes well with the pastel blue jumper. I like how it incorporates the boyfriend style coat with more of a jacket shape, and the leather trim matches the skirt. The suede boots from Zara are just so chic and classic, and will look great with a pair of black tights. They are just the right height too, with a lovely chunky heel. Carrying on with the texture trend, we have this furry bag from Zara which will not be to everyone's taste, but I love it so much! It's really fun, but quite chic at the same time, which is what Zara are great for. Final touches include this stone purple-grey shade nail polish from Illamasqua which is just such a nice colour, and definitely a cold colour perfect for colder weather. Lastly, lashings of eyeliner; nothing completes this outfit better than a strong feline flick.

A/W Wishlist

Zara navy blue jumper, £38 / Zara lapel coat, £100 / Warehouse mini skirt, £40 / Zara black booties, £82 / Zara leather messenger bag, £38 / Essie nail polish

This outfit is just Autumnal perfection for me! First of all, the black lapel coat from Zara is so nice! The dark camel shade is perfect to Autumn too, and would make any outfit look smart and sophisticated. What is more perfect for the cold weather than a navy cable knit jumper? And again, from Zara (nearly everything in this outfit is from Zara- I'm obsessed!) this jumper is classic and very versatile, it would go with almost anything! Next up is the gorgeous skirt from Warehouse, which again is a short version of the A-Line skirt and a very flattering shape. The pattern is so beautiful! It looks like a vintage wallpaper pattern, I love it! The boots are like a grown-up version of the chunky buckled, and often cut-out, trend we've seen over the summer. These leather boots, however are a more sophisticated shape, and the buckles are a lot more subtle. The leather bag is so nice, there is just nothing better than a leather satchel for the winter months and it reminds me loads of going to college in leafy Surrey and everyone wearing duffle coats, satchels and leather boots. Such a timeless look! Finally we have the last touch, glossy nails in a dark berry courtesy of Essie makes for the perfect Autumn outfit.

27 comments:

  1. Love the list, especially the first one !
    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt on the first list!!

    Please check out my blog :)
    http://thepalettee.blogspot.com.au/

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The jacket in the first picture looks soo cool! I really like your blog design very pretty :) x

    Ana / www.anacelinelabod.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Topshop's makeup! The top from Topshop is so cute(:

    LittleMissFashion ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg the zara stuff is amazing.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your style! New follower :)
    Lydia Rose
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. that coat is to die for! love your blog so much, dropped you a follow x

    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! Will do the same :)
      x

      Delete
  8. Great wishlists! I adore the first one! Thank you so much for following me, I am glad that you like my style dear xx

    fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything is sooo nice! Love the quilted leather skirt and Zara handbag!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. The coats are so lovely... classic designs, cosy, cool, just gorgeous... I'm a bit of a coat addict haha :') x

    janesjumbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love coats too, there is nothing better than a lovely winter coat :)
      x

      Delete
  11. Hey, I love these outfits! Thanks for the comment on my blog, fancy a follow? :) Xx

    thisisdaisyo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in love with your blog! I love the first combo! I actually went out into town to see what's new and saw a jumper similiar to this one and I bought it as I was inspired from your post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love you picks especially the zara coat! I also love your blog, just gave you a follow on gfc.
    Eguono x
    stylerenewal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit combinations here, warm and classy. Love the both the coats.
    Sammie
    Little Blonde Life

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the coat in the first collage!
    x
    www.polway.eu

    ReplyDelete